Atlassian is continuing to hirenbsp;with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19.nbsp;All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, we will provide the choice to work from home or return to work in an office unless a job requirement makes it necessary for a particular role to be performed at an Atlassian office.
Are you a paralegal with strong corporate skills who enjoys managing complex projects, executing quickly and with precision, working with cross-functional teams, and finding creative ways to build structure? Are you excited by a role with lots of responsibility, opportunities to wear different hats, and potential for growth and impact?
We are seeking a paralegal for our dynamic and fun-loving legal team, someone who will be a key teammate as Atlassian continues to grow and scale. As a foundational member of the legal team in Europe, you will have an exciting opportunity to grow the team, and establish the team’s presence, from the ground up!Your Core Responsibilities Will Include
- Public company matters: Work with external auditors and internal accounting team to support international audit processes.
- Board and shareholder matters: Help maintain our minute books and corporate records, including for our EMEA entities. Review requests for documentation and attend to various signatures requests.
- Subsidiary management: Assist on corporate compliance matters for Atlassian’s various US and international subsidiaries. Help organize subsidiary board and shareholder meetings, help to establish new entities and offices, and work extensively with tax, treasury, other departments, and outside counsel and advisors.
- Transactional matters: Assist with due diligence, document preparation and execution, and closing and integration for acquisitions and other corporate transactions.
- Cross-functional support/special projects: Assist with routine matters including answering various alias email boxes, managing corporate legal team files (e.g., acquisition documents, employment agreements and forms), and supporting strategic projects involving stock administration, treasury, tax, internal audit, employment/HR, and other teams.
- Project management: Work with our Senior Corporate Paralegal to drive progress on corporate team and cross functional corporate projects. Look for opportunities to improve processes that will positively impact the legal team and its counterparts and help us scale. Work on other legal projects as needed, including those outside of EMEA.
On day one we will expect you to have:
- 2 - 4 years of relevant corporate paralegal experience in EMEA, ideally at a major law firm and/or in-house at a public company.
- Ability to execute under pressure and within timelines, with tremendous organization and attention to detail and a strong sense of ownership.
- Loves sizing up unstructured or ad hoc situations and working with our Senior Corporate Paralegal to create a strategy to build processes that improve accuracy or efficiency, while remaining flexible and adaptable.
- Is able to be diplomatic yet effective in communicating with others and getting stuff done.
- Has experience and is comfortable working alongside senior management teams, board members, and outside counsel.
- Is a great teammate who is also comfortable working independently with minimal oversight on certain projects and making decisions independently.
- Is familiar with Atlassian products and Docusign and/or is excited to learn more about them and put them to use.
- Has a healthy sense of humor, with a how-can-I-help, get-it-done attitude.
- Fluency in English (proficiency in other languages such as Dutch, German, French, or others, is a bonus).
Atlassian’s Legal Team is a valued and dynamic group. We are viewed as key partners in critical decision-making that impacts the entire company due to our practical and business-oriented advice and solutions. This small but mighty team is highly collaborative and supportive - we truly like working with each other and cheer on our teammates in all endeavors.More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning amp; growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and alignedcollaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out ournbsp;Candidate Resource Hub