We’re Getir, the pioneers of super-fast delivery.
Our story can be divided into three elements: building an awesome people organisation that drives this epic machine, making 10-minute grocery delivery possible by figuring out all of its intricacies, and scaling that business by getting people to embrace us.
Close your eyes and imagine sandwiches, shampoo, snacks, and paper towels delivered in an average of 10 minutes throughout the streets of Amsterdam. Each product in each delivery creates a unique micro-experience. How we choose these micro-experiences, and how we adapt that to our business model, is an integral part of Getir.
At Getir, it is not just our users, but also our employees and our team members, who have unique and challenging experiences that bring out the best of themselves. In that light, we’re looking to hire some talented people to join us on this adventure.
As we expand our operations in the Netherlands, it’s vital we onboard an experienced Accounting amp; Tax Manager to support the country’s Head of Finance.
- The Accounting amp; Tax Manager is responsible for setting up the Dutch accounting policies, standard operating procedures, and processes. This role will be an essential part of the Finance team that’s shaping the future of retail.
- Manage day-to-day accounting activities to ensure compliance with Dutch GAAP, internal policies, SOX controls, and external audits
- Owner of the financial close process and related activities, including reviewing the journal entries and account reconciliations within the established timeline
- Partner closely with the Controlling amp; Reporting team in the preparation of the monthly financial management reporting
- Lead process improvements and automation efforts to streamline accounting operations and improve the quality of monthly, quarterly, and annual closes, and internal controls
- Review financial statements to pinpoint possible fraud and errors
- Lead all tax-related processes including calculating and filing corporate tax returns for the company to the German revenue authorities
- Min Bachelor's degree in Accounting, with CPA an advantage
- Min 8 years accounting experience
- Ideally experience in managing and developing staff
- Sector experience: Retail/FMCG preferred
- Strong knowledge of Dutch GAAP, SOX/internal controls
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with management and teams across the organisation
- Proven ability to operate and succeed within a fast-paced environment
- A once-in-a-career opportunity to work with one of the fastest growing mobile-commerce businesses in the world on our scale-up journey in Netherlands and across Europe
- The rare chance to work in a vibrant and energising culture and develop your commercial skills for the digital future of retail
- Generous compensation and benefits package designed to reward your commitment to the growth of Getir
- Career development opportunities. We really mean it when we say this. Upward and sideways mobility are some of our favourite terms. Our ambitions go beyond Turkey, UK, Europe and the USA! Our eyes are set on becoming an international success story that also enables and fosters stories of success on the individual level.
Getir Netherlands B.V. and its affiliates are the data controller of your personal data. We process your personal data for recruitment purposes in particular, to determine your qualifications for employment and to reach a hiring decision, in line with our Privacy Notice.