Getir are the pioneers of super-fast delivery. We deliver groceries such as sandwiches to shampoo, dog food to beer, in an average of ten minutes. Founded in 2015, we now deliver hundreds of thousands of orders a day from locations in the United Kingdom, France, Germany, the Netherlands and Turkey. We will shortly be launching in Italy, Spain, Portugal, and the USA as our international expansion continues at a fast pace. As we expand our operations in the EU and globally, it’s vital that we onboard excellent startup-seeking lawyers to both keep us in check and facilitate our fast-paced growth plans.
We are looking for meticulous and driven legal counsel to spearhead the operations and upkeep of our real estate efforts. This role is critical for the success of our business and is single-handedly responsible for ensuring we are legally compliant and strong in our expansion efforts in the Netherlands.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
Day-to-day tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Working relatively autonomously but alongside our Global Head of Real Estate Legal. Also, from time to time with other members of a small local legal team, as well as HQ in Turkey, on a variety of commercial real estate issues.
- Reviewing, negotiating and managing leases across the Iberia.
- The ability to work quickly is essential to our business. You will be confident in your decision-making which will allow you to make commercial decisions quickly.
- Working closely with external counsel when they are instructed to act on our behalf.
- Excellent knowledge of how to read and interpret Land Registry titles and title documents, of inquiries raised in a commercial property transaction, and how to interpret search results.
- Basic knowledge of the local planning system will be useful.
- Experience of working with agents to swiftly progress commercial property transactions.
- Assist with the training for our internal property team.
- Being a great overall teammate to everyone in a small start-up environment.
The candidate must meet the following essential requirements:
- 2-4 years’ Post Qualified Experience in the Netherlands, with commercial property law experience. Specifically, experience in managing a relatively high volume of commercial property transactions, all of which involve lease negotiation work.
- A self-starter with the ability to think quickly and critically, and to exercise independent judgment.
- Strong educational background.
- Experience in-house is useful but not essential.
- Excellent language skills - English, Dutch
- Experience and a proven ability in roles requiring excellent analytical skills, legal drafting and outstanding research ability.
- Proven track record of delivering consistently on complex projects under challenging and time-critical circumstances with a sense of urgency, but with the ability to also keep broader strategic objectives in focus.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with significant experience and proven success in roles requiring an ability to interface at all levels, building strong relationships internally and externally.
- Be a good person.
What Getir offers:
- A competitive salary
- A once in a career opportunity to work with one of the fastest-growing mobile-commerce businesses in Europe on our startup journey in Rome
- A chanceto have a real impact on the company’s growth and evolution
- An awesome team! Work with people who love what they do every day.
Please see our Candidate Privacy Notice for detailed information on how we process your personal data.