We are looking for a Tech lead to join the Brxs team. As our first technical leader, you will be responsible for defining our architecture and developing and overseeing the execution of the technical vision aligned with our product roadmap. You will build and lead our initial engineering team, collaborate closely with product, design and company leadership and will work on many exciting aspects of our business:
- Marketplace platform providing a seamless and beautiful experience for our members
- Trading exchange and pricing mechanism
- Security tokens issuance and blockchain infrastructure
- Real-estate data and intelligence tools
Things can get chaotic when you’re building a new product, so you are expected to be hands-on (ie. contribute to the codebase and quality control when needed), take decisions on the spot and bring structure where needed. You do not shy away from challenges and you take ownership in your role from planning to executing. You love to work in teams and you are a natural communicator. As one of our first leads you will play a big part in shaping our company culture and building a strong, diverse and lasting team.
- You have at least 3+ years of experience in a Tech Lead role, managing an engineering team (experience with Blockchain, Proptech, Fintech, Cybersecurity is an advantage)
- You put people first and understand that building a strong and diverse team is the foundation to success. You listen well, and you always look towards solutions. You are able to inspire others. You can give and receive constant and direct feedback (good and bad) and make quick team decisions when needed.
- Experience with web and mobile app technologies and experienced in in building mobile, responsive/adaptive applications
- Strong technical skills, algorithm and machine learning understanding; and their practical implementation.
- You have experience with designing and building scalable systems, and architecture and object-oriented design skills
- Strong sense for product, user experience and building an engaging technology
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with stakeholders, strong interpersonal and mentoring skills
- Strong project management skills (Kanban, Scrum,...)
What it means to be successful in this role
- Believe in our mission
- Build, lead, mentor and develop our initial engineering and data scientist team. You set the bar high. You provide inspiration and guidance to your team and drive performance, efficiency and effectiveness to ensure strong execution of roadmap and high output of tech teams.
- Prioritize and make fast decisions where it matters.
- Partner with product and leadership to align on product strategy and roadmap and to decide on prioritization, resource allocation and timelines.
- Define our system architecture and tech stack to ensure a strong, stable and scalable product.
- Building quality assurance and data protection processes, ensuring all technology practices adhere to regulatory and cybersecurity standards
- Problems mean Solutions to you and you show initiative, versatility, creativity and analytical thinking in tackling them
- Enthusiasm and a Can Do mindset to get the job done well and efficiently
- In the beginning this is a very hands-on role so you are comfortable making direct contributions to the codebase in addition to your technical and people leadership responsibilities